What is a JDRF Kids Walk?
The Kids Walk to Cure Diabetes is an educational school fundraising program that raises money to find a cure for type 1 diabetes. While raising money for JDRF, students learn about diabetes and the importance of making healthy choices. The money raised through this program helps fund type 1 diabetes research and provides additional dollars for your school to use on equipment, field trips, books or whatever your school needs! It’s all about kids helping kids!
Why should your school host a JDRF Kids Walk? Click here for more information.
Check out some of the benefits for your school:
- Your school receives 10% of the money raised.
- Students can earn fun prizes based on the amount of money they collect.
- Your school will receive a customized banner based on fundraising achievements:
- Raise $1,000 to $4,999 to win the Silver Star Banner!
- Raise $5,000 to $9,999 to win the Gold Star Banner!
- Raise $10,000 or more to win the Diamond Star Banner!
Ready to launch your schools Kids Walk program? First things first…
Contact Kin Jenkins email@example.com- your local JDRF Chapter – to let us know you are interested in hosting a Kids Walk to Cure Diabetes. JDRF Staff and Volunteers are here to help every step of the way!
Special THANKS to the following schools who have supported the Kids Walk to Cure Diabetes program:
- St. Edwards Epiphany School
- Madison Elementary
- St. Joseph’s Catholic School
- O.B. Gates Elementary – CLICK HERE FOR BLURB IN THE CHESTERFIELD OBSERVER
- Ottobine Elementary
You are making a tremendous difference in your school, your community and in the lives of millions of kids living with diabetes each day. Thank you!